Sunday, April 3, 2011

Sunday, March 27th

Impromptu trip to Disneyland on Sunday evening! We had so much fun and there were so many new updates at Disneyland/DCA, like the Cars Land Entrance, Remember Firework, Fantasmic Meleficient Dragon returns, and more! What's best, is that it wasn't over crowded or freezing cold or rainy =)

Our first stop was California Adventures since it closed first, and we usually have the best luck at finding pins there.

Here's a look at the updated Cars Land Entrance:

The Cars Land entrance has updated since my last blog entry. Now it has more of a Grand Prix look and also promotes the Cars 2 movie  

On our way to look for pins to trade, we stopped by the Mission Tortilla Factory and found this guy... 







After a couple hours at DCA, we moved on over to Disneyland. We started off in Tomorrowland and SWING DANCING! I've heard of swing dancing at the Tomorrowland Terrance, but its usually only on Saturdays, so when we heard the big band music we had to stop by and drop in on the dance floor =)

Swinging the night away with the Rumble Kings! Sorry for the bad quality picture.

I wonder if they'll continue to have swing dancing on Sunday nights for the duration of the non-peak season... or what's left of it, ha ha!
After dancing, we wanted to get in line to see the Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides sneak peek at Big Thunder Ranch, but the line was reeeeaaally long, so we went on Big Thunder Mountain instead. We'll hit up the POTC sneak preview next time and I'll be sure to take a lot of pictures.

While we were waiting in line for Big Thunder, we caught the Remember firework show. I've never seen it before, and I have to say I liked it a lot! The show is basically a montage of all the different attractions at the park, complete with theme music from each ride.


Another update, the Meleficent Dragon in Fantasmic is back! I know this specific dragon has been in Fantasmic before, but I've never seen it until now, so I took this opportunity to take tons of pictures:










 We ended our night with dinner at the River Belle Terrace, best turkey sandwich ever! And if you ever stop by there, get the Strawberry Shortcake Parfait. Soooo good!


And on our way out, we stopped in at the Disney Gallery where they were showcasing "Magic On the Water", the artworks were okay, but it was these guys that really intrigued me...

Looks like something out of "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" or perhaps from the movie "Atlantis"

Looks like a concept model of an attraction... bumper boats perhaps?? What do you think?

Another model. Very much resembles a Gondola, maybe they have them at Tokyo DisneySea.
 

And of course, here are the pins I got from tonight:

 Top Row, left to right:
- Jasmine Morocco. This one is from Epcot. They have different princesses with different countries.
- Princess Jasmine. I've gotten this one before, but since that was a scrapper I threw it out and was very lucky to have found it again (and real this time, haha!)
-Ariel WoC. The back says Travel by Disney, and it looks like the pin showcases the World of Color and the big Mickey ferris wheel.

Bottow Row, left to right:
-Donald Duck Cupcake. I've been dying to get my hands on these! I know I can buy these in the stores (7 pins in a pack), but I just didn't want to pay $30 for them. So happy I found this one!
- Mickey Strawberry. Enough said =)
-Castle from The Little Mermaid. I believe this is a part of a series as well, with different castles from different movies.

I hope you enjoyed all the updates and pictures! I'll be updating again soon. My annual pass expires in May and I probably wont be renewing it until after the summer break. But don't worry, I'll still be updating through the summer.

Thanks for reading!

~Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment